System freeze with latest rawhide kernels.

Petrus de Calguarium pgueckel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 22:13:18 UTC 2010

Martin Kho wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Starting with kernel-2.6.36-0.32.rc6.git2.fc15.x86_64  and later I have
> system freezes when desktop effects are enabled.

I am using the Intel driver and I have had system freezes with desktop effects
enabled since about 6 weeks ago. As a result, I have disabled desktop effects
since then and am awaiting stability before I turn it back on. Googling shows
that the freezes are a known problem for many consumers across various distros.