KDE confirguration directories query

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Oct 18 02:38:09 UTC 2010

Roderick Johnstone wrote:
> Thank you so much Kevin. Thats really useful. I've been doing our
> customizations wrong all these years :-( but now I can do them right! :-)

What I should add is that if you have many machines to customize, you can
also build your own profile under /usr/share/kde-settings/kde-profile to
replace the default one installed by kde-settings, and put it into a kde-
settings-like package. But unfortunately, the tool which helped doing this
(kiosktool) is no longer maintained by upstream, so you'll have to set up
the file structure by hand. :-(

        Kevin Kofler