Modular KDE?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Wed Sep 1 12:13:25 UTC 2010

Chris Smart wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Apologies if this has already been discussed on the list (I did search
> 2010 archives), I'm curious about people's thoughts on a modular
> version KDE for Fedora?

It has, now I need to dig it up again. :)

The long and short of it was that we concluded that while it would add a lot
of flexbility, it would also add a lot of complexity that our (current)
users didn't care for... as well as an added burden to packaging.

That said, we're slowly, but surely, moving that direction anyway, in order
to acommodate small-from-factor devices, like netbooks, but it'll take time
to get there.

-- Rex