knetworkmanager and plasmoid

Michael J Gruber michaeljgruber+gmane at fastmail.fm
Tue Sep 14 08:35:54 UTC 2010

Eli Wapniarski venit, vidit, dixit 14.09.2010 08:04:
> Hi
>
> I'm having a problem with knetworkmanager... the regular applet and the
> plasmoid.
>
> I cannot seem to find a way to connect to vpn using the applet and currently am
> forced to log out of kde and go to gnome when I need to access the vpn
> connection.
>
> Does anyone know if I need to configure something? Is there a previous bug
> report?

I can only say the plasmoid works perfectly with KDE 4.5.1 from
kde-testing, and that includes WPA2 Enterprise with certificates as well
as VPN via vpnc (no hybrid auth, no unpatched networkmananger does
hybrid right now).

In fact, I find the 4.5.1 plasmoid the best experience so far compared
to nm-applet and knetworkmannager.

In any case, that issue is fixed already and only needs to come to
regular fedora updates.

Michael