F15 Beta TC1 desktop live images now available for validation

Joseph Marrero jmarrero at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 14:14:28 UTC 2011

hello
For me booted well, both on a Inspiron N5010 with Intel HD graphics and in a
PC with Nvidia 8000 graphics
I connected to the net, opened dolphin, searched the harddrive contents and
no problems in the laptop I enabled desktop efects and all went well, hope
fully Tuesday I will Install it on the PCwhen I am back at the office.
will report.

have a great
On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 3:47 AM, Martin Kho <lists.kho at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Hi, everyone! We had a bit of a delay composing the Beta TC1 live
> > images, but they're now up at:
> >
> > http://serverbeach1.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/15-Beta.TC1/Live/
> >
> > if everyone could help out with testing and filling in the desktop
> > validation table at
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_15_Beta_TC1_Desktop ,
> > that would be really great. Just ask me if you have any questions or
> > uncertainties about the process. Thanks!
>
> Hi,
>
> This one is for me a total no go, sorry. I booted from an usb-stick and got
> stuck at the moment that I would expect kdm to start. A hard reset is
> necessary. Tried the following:
>
> 1. boot without Plymouth (remove rhgb and quiet) -> fail
> 2. boot into multi-user target (runlevel 3) -> start X -> succes
> 3. Same as 2. but start kdm -> succes
>
> So it seems to me that it's no X problem. Any ideas wat component is
> failing?
> Is it systemd or dracut or ... ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Martin Kho

Joseph Marrero
President
The Society for Orthodox Tae Kwon-Do of Puerto Rico