F15 Beta TC1 desktop live images now available for validation

Martin Kho lists.kho at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 17:18:23 UTC 2011

On Saturday 02 April 2011 10:14:28 Joseph Marrero wrote:
> hello
> For me booted well, both on a Inspiron N5010 with Intel HD graphics and in a
> PC with Nvidia 8000 graphics
> I connected to the net, opened dolphin, searched the harddrive contents and
> no problems in the laptop I enabled desktop efects and all went well, hope
> fully Tuesday I will Install it on the PCwhen I am back at the office.
> will report.
>
> have a great
>
> On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 3:47 AM, Martin Kho <lists.kho at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi, everyone! We had a bit of a delay composing the Beta TC1 live
> > > images, but they're now up at:
> > >
> > > http://serverbeach1.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/15-Beta.TC1/Live
> > > /
> > >
> > > if everyone could help out with testing and filling in the desktop
> > > validation table at
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_15_Beta_TC1_Deskt
> > > op , that would be really great. Just ask me if you have any
> > > questions or uncertainties about the process. Thanks!
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > This one is for me a total no go, sorry. I booted from an usb-stick and
> > got stuck at the moment that I would expect kdm to start. A hard reset
> > is necessary. Tried the following:
> >
> > 1. boot without Plymouth (remove rhgb and quiet) -> fail
> > 2. boot into multi-user target (runlevel 3) -> start X -> succes
> > 3. Same as 2. but start kdm -> succes
> >
> > So it seems to me that it's no X problem. Any ideas wat component is
> > failing?
> > Is it systemd or dracut or ... ?

Hum ... running the iso in a vm works fine. So it does seem the case that it's
a video issue. I have a nvidia GF 7600 GS. Anyone else is using this card?

Martin Kho

Btw. There are a lot of systemd messages in the dmesg output.
"systemd[1]: systemd-ask-plymouth.path/stop would stop a running service
systemd[1]: Deleting systemd-ask-password-plymouth.path/stop to minimize
impact"