What is virtuoso-t doing and why?

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Wed Apr 6 20:50:10 UTC 2011

On 03/22/2011 05:01 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Disabling Strigi file indexing should be sufficient to keep resource usage
> down. Having Nepomuk enabled is useful because other stuff wants to use it,
> e.g. Akonadi, which is used by kdepim. And without Strigi indexing, Nepomuk
> and Virtuoso should be using little to no CPU resources.

It seems silly to allow the user to get bogged down by an indexing
update.  Can we arrange for these to run at a lower IO priority (bulk,
perhaps) by default?  Even as SCHED_IDLE maybe?

Does systemd do this stuff?  <--- obviously not well informed

-Bill

--
Bill McGonigle, Owner
BFC Computing, LLC
Email, IM, VOIP: bill at bfccomputing.com
Social networks: bill_mcgonigle/bill.mcgonigle