KMail problem

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Fri Apr 8 18:47:58 UTC 2011

Martin (KDE) wrote:

>> Try 4.4.10-3 in kde-testing and updates-testing
>
> that fixed my problems with kmail and akonadi at startup. kmail failed
> to start as of an error with akonadi - wheras there was none in the
> akonadi log. Consequently kaddressbook had no such problems.

I think that was exactly my problem,
as I also got an error earlier mentioning akonadi.

But my problem suddenly solved itself, after two re-boots.
Thanks for all the responses.

Perhaps I might mention that I have another - conceivably related -
problem with KMail.
Sometimes when starting KMail after hibernation,
it hangs, saying that it is trying to get mail from my (local) IMAP server,
and sometimes adding that it is having a problem with wallets.

It's not too big a problem, as it doesn't always happen after hibernation
(perhaps 25% of the time), and it always rights itself on re-booting.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net