CPU temperature after update

Yaroslav Sapozhnyk yaroslav.sapozhnik at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 11:47:20 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have Thinkpad T500 laptop with Fedora 14 KDE installed. Before the KDE 4.6
update the idle CPU temperature was ~42C. However after the update the CPU
temperature varies between 48-50C.
I noticed that the lm_sensors-lib package was also updated so I downgraded
it. But it didn't help. Testing the initial Fedora 14 KDE LiveUSB the CPU
temperature was about 40C so it's not hardware problem.

I did notice that the fan speeds differ from the LiveUSB system now (e.g.
for the same temperature LiveUSB fan speed is higher - so the CPU temp is
lower).

Does anybody know where is the default configuration for the fan speed? I
don't use any fan control programs/scripts.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
--
Regards,