Plasma Active on Fedora ?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Apr 14 21:03:08 UTC 2011

Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> It does not build with current KDE API, trunk one is needed.

It might be possible to build patched kdelibs and/or kdebase-workspace with
some backports, or even to stick backported classes directly into Plasma
Active.

That (patching some classes in kdebase-workspace and backporting others into
kde-plasma-weather itself) is how I built kde-plasma-weather for KDE 4.1.

But of course, Plasma Active goes much deeper into Plasma's internals than
the weather plasmoid, so it's going to be harder to build a backported
kludge. But after seeing the F15 NM kludge, I think nothing is impossible.
;-)

        Kevin Kofler