KMix spins with 100% cpu since update to 4.6.2

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Apr 15 13:59:06 UTC 2011

On 04/15/2011 08:49 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 15.04.2011 15:37, schrieb Rex Dieter:
>> On 04/15/2011 08:32 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>> What makes me personally crazy with 4.6.2 is that the controlbar (Kontrolleiste)
>>> is placed in the middle of the screen instead the top-position i configured
>>> and so i have to unlock all widgets, confirm any configuration and lock
>>> widgets:-(
>>
>> screenshot?

> see attached screenshot and take a look on the top-border in the black area over the
> bg-image normally are my controls, after the first login with 4.6.2 i thought "WTF my
> crontrols are gone away" because i did not expect them in the middle

It's still hard for me to grasp what's wrong there, sorry.

> is there anything planned to get the crazy way widgets are resized/placed
> better? Has anybody ever tried to get 6 widgets to the same size and
> place them in clean lines instead random position?

It's definitely not random, but perhaps your plasma configuration has
grown a lot of clutter, and it's getting a little confused (I've seen
that on occasion).

Personally, I've not had any (recent) complaints about widget layout and
placement.

Otherwise, from your over-generalized complaint, it's difficult for me
to find anything concrete to respond to.  Can you perhaps provide a
specific case of something you want to do, but doesn't work the way you
expect? (then we can at least try to reproduce it...)

-- Rex