KMix spins with 100% cpu since update to 4.6.2

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Apr 15 14:15:22 UTC 2011

Am 15.04.2011 15:59, schrieb Rex Dieter:

>> see attached screenshot and take a look on the top-border in the black area over the
>> bg-image normally are my controls, after the first login with 4.6.2 i thought "WTF my
>> crontrols are gone away" because i did not expect them in the middle
>
> It's still hard for me to grasp what's wrong there, sorry.

Hm - Somewhere it ignores the placement-configuration
If i change anything in the config it get remebered and is placed
instantly on top

>> is there anything planned to get the crazy way widgets are resized/placed
>> better? Has anybody ever tried to get 6 widgets to the same size and
>> place them in clean lines instead random position?
>
> It's definitely not random, but perhaps your plasma configuration has
> grown a lot of clutter, and it's getting a little confused (I've seen
> that on occasion).

"rabdom" was a joke

> Personally, I've not had any (recent) complaints about widget layout and
> placement.

hm strange

> Otherwise, from your over-generalized complaint, it's difficult for me
> to find anything concrete to respond to.  Can you perhaps provide a
> specific case of something you want to do, but doesn't work the way you
> expect? (then we can at least try to reproduce it...)

Look at the full-screenshot of my desktop
http://download.rhsoft.net/kde.png

try to get the widgets from scratch in the right size and position
you can not resize widgets on every border and have to use this strange
"mouseover-configuration-thing"

normally i would expect drag two ore more widgets to one line
(maybe with a open window as help) and then resize them, but
this is not possible because if you are not a medical doctor
you will move them while resize, resize not only the height
or width as wanted

so i really would expect if they are unlocked i can take the
any border in the same way as for normal windows and only change
width/height if i want so