KMix spins with 100% cpu since update to 4.6.2

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Apr 15 15:39:54 UTC 2011

Am 15.04.2011 16:52, schrieb Reindl Harald:

> Am 15.04.2011 16:45, schrieb Christian González:
>> El 15 de abril de 2011 11:21, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net <mailto:h.reindl at thelounge.net>> escribió:
>>

>>     Am 15.04.2011 16:09, schrieb Christian González:
>>     > 2011/4/15 Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net <mailto:h.reindl at thelounge.net>
>>     <mailto:h.reindl at thelounge.net <mailto:h.reindl at thelounge.net>>>
>>     >
>>     >     BTW:
>>     >     is there anything planned to get the crazy way widgets are resized/placed
>>     >     better? Has anybody ever tried to get 6 widgets to the same size and
>>     >     place them in clean lines instead random position?
>>     >
>>     >
>>     > Change your desktop layout to "Grid Desktop". See this screenshot: http://flic.kr/p/9yK77e
>>
>>     i tried a few minutes ago and could whine :-(
>>
>>     that is not possible because the grids are way to big
>>     to get all my things placed there: http://download.rhsoft.net/kde.png
>>

>> If you unlock widgets and put the cursor near a corner of the desktop, you'll see "+" and "-" buttons, so you can
>> add more rows or columns and reduce the size of the grids.
>
> jesus christ this is not intuitive and i am working as web-developer
> since nearly 10 years, so there are two options
>
> * the kde-desktop is designed for users only which never seen a comuter before
> * i am a idiot
>
> since a normally can handle everything on a computer i do not think i am
> an idiot and i want the configuration-options of KDE 3 back, yeah there were no
> widgets but thousands other options which are gone away with 4.x
>
> wtf there is a configuration-entry in the context-menu with no options at all

and now i went back to the normal biew because this f**ing grid let me not
place my desktop-view in the left-top-border and resize it as i want

summary:
this idiotic mouseover-controls in the normal view where you often can not
be sure from which widget it is and where it is most times not clear if
you resize or move is the badest thing i have ever seen and makes me
angry since fedora decided to switch to kde4 some years to soon

remember: if you need a grid to 8 widgets in the size and position you
like something must be broken and if you can not use borders and
corners to resize elements in a intuitive way something is hardly broken