KMix spins with 100% cpu since update to 4.6.2

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Apr 15 22:00:45 UTC 2011

Am 15.04.2011 22:37, schrieb Armelius Cameron:
> On Friday, April 15, 2011 10:52:27 am Reindl Harald wrote:
>> Am 15.04.2011 16:45, schrieb Christian González:
>>> El 15 de abril de 2011 11:21, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net
> <snipped>
>
> I wonder if all your trouble is caused by 'accretion' in the config file. I had
> trouble in the past when upgrading to newer Fedora version that has different
> KDE base version. Did you ever try to just start over with a clean config ?

the usability-problems are not config-related

yes the kmix-hings was but it's also poor from the view of
software-design, why does it not delete the old config-file
if it is not backward-compatible

starting with a clean config?
i did this with KDE 4.x and it costs me many hours
we are not on windows where the solution for all problems
is format/reinstall hoping something gets better or not

for getting teh crontrol-bar to the top position?
normally i would expect that a software can read his existing
configuration and write down in a new format on teh first start

> What configuration of KDE 3 that you don't have ? All your troubles seems to be
> widget related. If you want something similar to KDE 3, then just don't use
> the widgets..

i like the idea or teh widgets, but their implementation and usability
are poor, this idiotic mouseover for resize is really a bad joke becuase
often you do not see to what widget it belongs and here in western europe
we are working from top-left to bottom-right not resizing upwards

this is not a configuration-issue, really, this is a design-problem