kdepim-4.5.95-1 works for me

Petrus de Calguarium pgueckel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 21:57:36 UTC 2011

Colin J Thomson wrote:

> How did the migration work, I would be interested to know.

I had no problems at all with migration, not for korganizer or kmail. I never
even got a migration dialogue with kmail, but I believe that is because I
already migrated to kmail2 a couple of months ago, before it was pulled and I
had to revert. As a result, the information was already there when I upgraded
again a couple of days ago, so all went without a hitch.

There is a curiosity with kmail: it shows both Kmail Folders and Local
Folders. Kmail Folders are for downloading from pop3/imap mail servers and
Local Folders is for sendmail, I guess.

The strange thing is that each has its own drafts, sent, templates (these 3
can be set per identity); outbox and trash folders, but when I delete email
originating from a pop3 account (ie., from Kmail Folders/inbox), it goes into
Local Folders/trash and there is no way I can find to make it go into Kmail
Folders/trash. Likewise, when I send an email using a pop3 account, it goes
into Local Folders/outbox before going into Kmail Folders/sent-mail. The
Kmail Folders outbox and Kmail Folders trash are never used.