kdepim-4.5.95-1 works for me

Petrus de Calguarium pgueckel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 22:35:38 UTC 2011

Colin J Thomson wrote:

> kde-l10n

I don't have that installed, hence I had no conflicts.

I used to use British English, but American English is enabled by default.
Not all help files are in British English and Canadian English spelling is an
unofficial mish-mash of GB-En and US-En, so I have given up fighting it. I
spell some words the British way and some the US-American way, so only a
combined GB/US English spell checker would serve my use case.

I follow the doubling of the consonant at the end rule, if preceded by a
vowel, eg., tunnelled labelled, but I don't like the look with focussed so I
use American focused; I always use British -our instead of American -or in
honour, valour, colour, etc.; but the British distinction between -ise and -
ize is so confusing (I believe you use -ise when the word was borrowed from
French, but -ize when it was borrowed from Latin), so I use American -ize; I
do sometimes distinguish between practice and practise; and I kind of like
using oe in foetus, oesophagus and diarrhoea because they follow my native
German, but they look a bit pedantic, so I don't usually bother; but I insist
on moustache instead of mustache, but I hate the British tache and use stache
for short.