Debuginfo packages take too much disk space

John5342 john5342 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 15:55:11 UTC 2011

2011/4/19 Anne Wilson <cannewilson at googlemail.com>:
> Is it not possible to split the debuginfo package into smaller units?  In
> order to report a single bug I had to install 3.1GB of debuginfo packages.  It
> does seem excessive.

For standard Fedora packages i think [1] is supposed to solve this
problem. I also read about a setup where only the debuginfo is
downloaded for individual libraries/apps rather than per source rpm
granularity but i forget what happened to that. I don't know how much
of that applies if you are for instance using kde-redhat though since
both those solutions would obviously require access to the appropriate
debuginfo packages at some point.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/RetraceServer

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't...