nm config wired @boot

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Apr 29 09:55:53 UTC 2011

Gombang Nan Cengka wrote:
> Is the error message  "The name
> org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerSystemSettings was not provided by any
> .service files" ? I find the same thing.

System settings are not supported in kde-plasma-networkmanagement in Fedora
15 at this time.

Use the nm-connection-editor from NetworkManager-gnome (which has been the
suggested workaround for this issue since forever). kde-plasma-
networkmanagement got support for system connections very recently (the
update hasn't even reached F14 updates yet), and this doesn't work with the
compatibility API hack we have in NetworkManager 0.9.

We may want to patch out the non-working feature or revert to an older
snapshot. (I'd vote for reverting to a known-working snapshot and only
backporting bugfixes we know work, not features which aren't supported by he
compat API.)

        Kevin Kofler