kde 4.7

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Aug 5 14:40:54 UTC 2011

> On 07/31/2011 12:37 PM, Julian Weißgerber wrote:
>> On Wednesday 27 July 2011 at 22:34:51, Genes MailLists wrote:
>>>   I see 4.7 out ... what are the plans for f15 ... update to 4.7 or only
>>> to f16?
>
> historically, we've done at least 1 4.x+1 style update per fedora
> release, but the final ultimate decision hasn't been made by the kde-sig
> ... yet.
>
> This release included a fair number of packaging-related changes, which
> makes me at least a little torn whether to release this as an official
> update or not.

Since getting back from vacation, I've thought about it some more... and my own
convictions against doing an official f15 kde-4.7 update has grown, largely due to the
big'ish changes landing with kdepim-4.7.x (and akonadi'ized kmail2).

i'll see about discussing this more with other kde-sig members, and hopefully make some
sort of official announcement about our f15/kde47 intentions soon.

>> Has anyone tried rebuilding the rawhide packages for F15 yet?
>
> I know a fair number of folks are using the backport builds in
> kde-unstable repo, including myself.
>
> i'll get to work on finishing up 4.7.0 backports later next week.

and, fyi, f15 kde-unstable kde-4.7.0 builds are underway now.  eta 6-12 hours from now,
hopefully. :)

-- rex