higher load ave with kde 4.7

Sven Lankes sven at lank.es
Sun Aug 14 16:15:24 UTC 2011

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 10:27:37AM -0400, Neal Becker wrote:

> Using kde 4.7 from fedora-kde47, I'm seeing increased load average.  I turned
> off all indexing.
> One thing noticable is a more-or-less 3% cpu from knotify4, even though nothing
> is (apparantly) happening.

I'm seeing 3% for knotify too but on an F15 / KDE4.6 system. ~14 days
uptime with 6+ hours cpu for the knotifiy process on a system where
a gui is installed but never used.

According to strace on the knotify4-process it is trying to poll
something that isn't there. "Resource temporarily unavailable". I have
no idea how to debug this further. Hints appreciated.

I've never seen this on my laptop (which used to run 4.6 and has now
been updated to 4.7). So it's not a general problem.

sven === jabber/xmpp: sven at lankes.net