dedicated fedora-kde47 yum repo

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Aug 14 23:09:42 UTC 2011

Am 15.08.2011 00:37, schrieb Kevin Kofler:
> Reindl Harald wrote:
>> as far as i can see it works all fine
>> but the dependencies for subpackages are a little useless
>> as long they remove the mainpackages too
>
> The "main packages" are just dummy metapackages dragging in the various
> subpackages:
>
>> will remove the following as dependecy - this is not the intention i think
>>
>>  kdemultimedia                       x86_64          6:4.7.0-1.fc15
>>       @fedora-kde47          0.0
>
> See? This package is entirely empty.
>
>>  kdesdk                              x86_64          4.7.0-2.fc15
>>       @fedora-kde47           14 k
>
> This one has some stuff in it, not sure what exactly, but it doesn't look
> like much… Whatever it is, it probably should be in some subpackage.
>
>>  kdeutils                            x86_64          6:4.7.0-1.fc15
>>       @fedora-kde47          0.0
>
> And this package is entirely empty again.
>
> So it's normal that those metapackages get removed if you opt out of some of
> the subpackages.

thank you for clearing this up!

for me the 4.7 packages are working fine
renaming of files in folder-view has the same bug as the whole
4.6 branch (wrong error message of non existing old name) and is not new

can we have a kate-subpackage with minimal requirements somewhere in future?
this time there are deps between 150-250 MB and i love the editor because
of code-highlihtning and the whole gui to edit a lot of config-files of
cms-setups the same time per X-Forwarding