Undoing a maximize

Lester M. Petrie Jr. petrielmjr at ornl.gov
Wed Aug 17 17:16:30 UTC 2011

On Wednesday, August 17, 2011 01:06:31 PM T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:
> 2011/8/17 Lester M. Petrie Jr. <petrielmjr at ornl.gov>:
> > I am using uptodate KDE on Fedora 15 (x86_64). I skipped Fedora 14, and
> > went directly from Fedora 13 to 15. I am generally quite happy with the
> > changes to KDE in F15, espcially being able to bring up a useable menu
> > with a middle mouse button click on the background. There is one change
> > from F13 that I am not happy about, however. I have defined a key
> > combination to maximize a window. In F13, a second use of this
> > combination would undo the maximize. In F15, a second use only does an
> > undo for a motif window. Simple X windows ( and others ) seem to ignore
> > the second use. Is something not configured correctly? Is there
> > someother way to undo the maximize?
>
> If you go to System Settings > Shortcuts and Gestures > Global
> Shortcuts, select KWin under "KDE Component", and define a shortcut
> for "Maximize Window", that shortcut should toggle it like you want.
> Is that how you configured it?
>
> -T.C.
> New to KDE4? - get help from hxxp://userbase.kde.org

Yes, this is where I set the shortcut.  It works for more than I was remembering, as the
Qt windows will undo as well as the motif windows.  It does not undo for plain X windows
(xterm, etc) and for Tk windows (at least the ones I use).  These did work back in F13,
so I'm wondering if there is something else I need to set to have them work. As I said,
KDE is working better now than it did before, so I can learn to live with this.

--
Lester M Petrie
865-574-5259
petrielmjr at ornl.gov