Undoing a maximize

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 17:29:14 UTC 2011

2011/8/17 Lester M. Petrie Jr. <petrielmjr at ornl.gov>:
> Yes, this is where I set the shortcut. It works for more than I was
> remembering, as the Qt windows will undo as well as the motif windows. It
> does not undo for plain X windows (xterm, etc) and for Tk windows (at least
> the ones I use). These did work back in F13, so I'm wondering if there is
> something else I need to set to have them work. As I said, KDE is working
> better now than it did before, so I can learn to live with this.

Hmm, I just tried it on xterm and it works fine.  However, I'm using
KDE 4.7, while Fedora 15 ships with KDE 4.6, so this might be a
regression that they fixed.  (Unfortunately I can't easily test 4.6
right now.)

If you'd like, you can try upgrading to 4.7.  Unfortunately, it can't
be shipped as an update to Fedora 15 due to upstream packaging
changes, so you'll have to install it from a special repository
maintained by one of the Fedora KDE SIG members.  To do so, just run
the following commands as root:

curl http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/rdieter/kde47/fedora-kde47.repo
> /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-kde47.repo
yum update

For more information on the 4.7 repo, see this thread:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.kde/9931

-T.C.