feedback on default plasma-desktop layout

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 23 20:03:08 UTC 2011

On Tuesday 23 Aug 2011 16:53:28 Rex Dieter wrote:
> The kde-sig is seeking feedback on f16's plasma-desktop (and potentially
> other containments) default layout.
>
> In particular, prior to kde-4.7.x, the default was basically an empty
> desktop with a sole folderview widget.  Now in kde47, the default is
> even emptier, without even folderview.

> So, we were close to deciding simply putting a folderview back as
> default, but I thought we could brainstorm for even better ideas.  What
> do you all think?
>
> See also,
> http://www.facebook.com/questions/10150276652411513/?qa_ref=qd

Sorry don't have/use FB so I can't look at that..

IMO I think you should keep folderview on the default Desktop like previous
releases and if for some reason the user does not want it it's easy to remove.
A blank Desktop could cause confusion to new 4.x users.

Colin
--
Fedora 15 (Lovelock)
Registered Linux user number #342953