feedback on default plasma-desktop layout

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 25 16:14:25 UTC 2011

On Thursday 25 Aug 2011 Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> > To ensure this feedback is most useful, if rationale were provided
> > too... and "because this is what I do", doesn't count, sorry.  :)
>
> My preference: an empty desktop

My preference is for a folderview.  Rationale:

A single click closes it if you don't like it

It's easy to shrink it to take only a small area.

If you organise your files at all it's likely that you have one or more
directories that you use very frequently and the folderview can give quick
access to that area.

The "peek into" facility means it's possible to directly open a single file
without traversing several directories in a file manager.

File managers are great - but that's a different issue.