feedback on default plasma-desktop layout

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Aug 30 15:49:25 UTC 2011

Anne Wilson wrote:

> On Tuesday 30 Aug 2011 Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> Anne Wilson wrote:
>> > Now I'm really confused so I made a new folderview to see what really
>> > happens in Fedora 14.  It opens at ~/.
>>
>> The folder view widget itself defaults to ~, but the default layout
>> script in 4.6 was explicitly setting the folder of the folder view
>> created by default to ~/Desktop.
>>
> Even more confused, then :-) because I'm running 4.6.5, and it opened at
> ~.

That's expected. As I said, the folder view widget itself defaults to ~, so
if you create a new folder view, that's what it's going to open at!

But if you create a new user or remove/rename your plasma-desktop-appletsrc,
you will end up with a desktop containing a folder view pointing to
~/Desktop, not ~.

        Kevin Kofler