Help with Apper. Can't update system.

Mircea Sava msava at gmx.com
Sat Dec 3 07:54:49 UTC 2011

Hello.

The behavior of not recognizing the internet connection established with
anything else but NetworkManager-gnome is present in KDE for KDE apps since
the inception of KDE4, maybe even sooner.
However many KDE apps although don't recognize the connection they work just
fine.
As for Apper, when it comes to updating the system I prefer the command line
interface of yum; it's much faster, reliable and has a very cool verbosed
output.
So, su -c 'yum update' is in my opinion the best way to go.

Kind regards,