Kompare missing!

Sonic get.sonic at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 16:38:10 UTC 2011

Hi

   Like Kate, Kompare seems to be missing too. Rex told me that Kate was
part of 'kdesdk' group, which I chose not to install. But I had 'KDE
software development' selected in Anaconda's package list.

Anyway, I could manually install kate since its available as an
independent package. But I couldn't locate kompare as an independent
package.
After a bit of searching, I found it as 'kdesdk-kompare'. In the process
I found Okteta as kdesdk-okteta - already installed on my machine.

So, couple of doubts -  when I select 'kde software development':
1. kate is a separate package - not installed by default
2. kompare is listed as kdesdk-kompare - not installed by default
3. Okteta, listed as kdesdk-okteta, surprisingly is installed by default!

How about having the base applications marked 'mandatory' when 'KDE
software development' is selected?

regards,

Syam