Fedora 14 shutdown revisited

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 8 18:56:32 UTC 2011

My netbook has the same problem as
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=257196 .  To shut down I have
to issue the command as root, as the graphical ways show me the options but
then ignore my response and refuse to shut down or reboot..  In that case the
user was told to rename ~/.kde/share/config.

I'm reluctant to use the sledgehammer approach,  System Settings has the
correct settings for the user to shut down, so that seems to leave me with the
config files.  Can someone tell me which config file governs shutdown
behaviour?  I would have thought that it might be a global one, but the user
mentioned did say that renaming his local config directory cured it.