kmix volume display acts strange

George Billios gbillios at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 17:39:22 UTC 2011

Hello, after installing kde 4.6 - no previous kde installed in my fedora
system - I noticed that the volume OSD acts erratically.

For example, I use my keyboard's volume control key and the volume OSD
sometimes appers, sometimes not, sometimes I turn the volume up and then
down and the volume OSD either follows the change or slowly or does the
opposite!!! In any case the real sound level and kmix icon on taskbar
are properly adjusted/displayed only the OSD is wrong.

I have also removed the config files from ~/.kde/share/config but the
problem remains. Any ideas?

thanks

George