Strange CD Burning Bug

Mark Bidewell mbidewel at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 14:22:35 UTC 2011

When I attempt to launch k3b 2.0.1 under KDE with KDM  I get the
following error:

KGlobal::locale::Warning your global KLocale is being recreated with a
valid main component instead of a fake component, this usually means
you tried to call i18n related functions before your main component
was created. You should not do that since it most likely will not work
unnamed app(3256): Communication problem with  "k3b" , it probably crashed.
Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Message
did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)" "

[mbidewell at localhost ~]$ KCrash: Application 'k3b' crashing...
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/libexec/kde4/drkonqi from kdeinit
sock_file=/home/mbidewell/.kde/socket-localhost.localdomain/kdeinit4__0
QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 10 and type 'Read', disabling...

As a second datapoint Brasero starts but fails with this error when I
attempt to burn:

** (brasero:3559): WARNING **: ERROR loading background pix : Failed
to open file '/usr/share/brasero/logo.png': No such file or directory

** (brasero:3559): WARNING **: Failed to inhibit the system from
suspending: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The
name org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files

Oddly these errors occur only under KDE not Gnome.  I am currently
running KDE 4.6 RC1 from KDE-Redhat.  Has anyone else seen this?

--
Mark Bidewell
http://www.linkedin.com/in/markbidewell