stringi error

Martin Kho lists.kho at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 21:38:13 UTC 2011

On 12/26/2010 05:26 PM, Martin Kho wrote:
> On Sunday 26 December 2010 12:12:21 Joseph Marrero wrote:
>> I get this error every time I log in into KDE 4.6 RC1
>>
>> Error says:
>> Stringi indexing agent has been disabled
>> we have found the following errors:
>> -unable to start stringi daemon
>> -stringi daemon in not running
>
> Yeah, I see the same, but strigi is normaly running as far as I can see.
> Nepomuk/strigi just a little bit too verbose?
>
> Martin Kho

Hi,

After the update to KDE 4.6 RC2 the error message still appears on my
rawhide set up. Even worse the whole stuff
(nepomuk/virtuoso/soprano/strigi) doesn't work now.

1. running: /usr/bin/nepomukservicestub nepomukstrigiservice gives:

"/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub(13649)" Soprano:
"org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply - Did not receive a reply. Possible
causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message
bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the
network connection was broken."
"/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub(13649)" Soprano:
"QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Invalid name"

"/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub(13649)" Soprano:
"org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply - Did not receive a reply. Possible
causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message
bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the
network connection was broken."
"/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub(13649)" Soprano: "Unsupported operation
(2)": "Invalid model"

I saw that there was an issue with libdbus <= 1.3 and Dolphin, but I
have dbus = 1.4.0

2. running qdbus org.kde.NepomukStorage gives:

Error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply
Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application
did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply,
the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

My network is functioning okay.

3. Tried nightly build (kde-x86_64-20110109.16.iso) from [1].

Got the same issue.

Any one else have this issue? Do I miss something? Is there a way I can
troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

Martin Kho

* kdebase-runtime-4.5.95
* virtuoso-opensource-6.1.3-0.1.rc3.20110105.fc15.x86_64
* soprano-2.5.63-2.fc15.x86_64

[1] http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/kde/