Amarok don't like MySQL 5.5.8

Martin Kho lists.kho at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 10:45:34 UTC 2011

On Thursday 13 January 2011 07:39:56 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Martin Kho wrote:
> > Update FYI:
> > Today Amarok was updated to version 2.4.0-1 (final?). This version still
> > crashes in combination with MySQL 5.5.8. Upstream says that the issue is
> > "resolved upstream".
>
> "RESOLVED UPSTREAM" just means that the issue is "resolved" as far as KDE is
> concerned since the bug is not in KDE, but in an upstream library (MySQL in
> this case). It doesn't actually claim that the bug is resolved in MySQL.
>
> > But seemingly it isn't. I've also filed a bugreport against MySQL [1].
> > One of the testcases is crashing, because of the same reason.
>
> Looks like there's already a bug report and a patch in upstream MySQL's bug
> tracker, hopefully we'll get a fixed build soon!
>
>         Kevin Kofler

Hi,

MySQL 5.5.8-4 (in koji) solves the issue for the mysqltest_embedded program.
Amarok doesn't crash either, but it still won't start. This is because MySQL
(embedded) can't find amarok's my.cnf defaults file.

In .xsesson-errors I see:

"mysql_embedded: Table 'mysql.plugin' doesn't exist
InnoDB: The InnoDB memory heap is disabled
InnoDB: Mutexes and rw_locks use GCC atomic builtins
InnoDB: Compressed tables use zlib 1.2.5
110113  9:35:15  InnoDB: Using Linux native AIO
110113  9:35:15  InnoDB: Initializing buffer pool, size = 128.0M
110113  9:35:15  InnoDB: Completed initialization of buffer pool
110113  9:35:15  InnoDB: Operating system error number 13 in a file operation.
InnoDB: The error means mysqld does not have the access rights to
InnoDB: the directory.
InnoDB: File name /var/lib/mysql/ibdata1
InnoDB: File operation call: 'open'.
InnoDB: Cannot continue operation."

This message means that mysql is using the wrong my.cnf config file
(/etc/my.cnf). This issue can be workarounded (solved?) by copying
./kde/share/apps/amarok/my.cnf to ~/.my.cnf.

Is this satisfactory or still a bug?

Martin Kho