kpackagekit does not show in systray

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Sun Jan 16 15:50:09 UTC 2011

Hallo

the last years I used to use yum-updatesd to automatically update my
system. But as some users switched of the computer during update I
thought of switching to packagekit (the KDE variant). On my newly
setup laptop this works as expected. I got a Icon in the systemtray if
there are updates detected.

On my other computer (the one previously updated with yum-updatesd)
this does not work. I have set up the kpackagekit to check every hour
but I got no icon in the systray. There are updates pending (yum in
the command line told so). How do I get kpackagekit working?

Greetings

Martin