kpackagekit does not show in systray

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Tue Jan 18 07:53:41 UTC 2011

Am 16.01.2011 18:24, schrieb Martin (KDE):
> Am Sonntag, 16. Januar 2011 schrieb Rex Dieter:
>> On Sun, 16 Jan 2011, Martin (KDE) wrote:
>>> Hallo
>>>
>>> the last years I used to use yum-updatesd to automatically update
>>> my system. But as some users switched of the computer during
>>> update I thought of switching to packagekit (the KDE variant).
>>> On my newly setup laptop this works as expected. I got a Icon in
>>> the systemtray if there are updates detected.
>>>
>>> On my other computer (the one previously updated with
>>> yum-updatesd) this does not work. I have set up the kpackagekit
>>> to check every hour but I got no icon in the systray. There are
>>> updates pending (yum in the command line told so). How do I get
>>> kpackagekit working?
>>
>> The kapackagekit systray icon thingy is an autostart item on login,
>> ie, did you relogin after installing it?

I have enabled debugging of packagekit daemon. It is started every hour
(I set up checking to hourly in kpackagekit) and quits about 5 minutes
later. But there is no query for updates and therefore no hint that new
updates are available.

Sadly I have not found any debugging setting for kpackagekit (are there
any?). Any hints how to test any further?

Martin