KDE Spin or Full Distro ?

Armelius Cameron armeliusc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 14:35:37 UTC 2011

Hello,
Please forgive my ignorant, but I've always wondered about this. What's the
primary difference between using Fedora KDE Spin v.s. the full distro ? I don't
mean to try it on live media, I want to install on hard drive. In the past, I
think I have just got the full DVD distro and pick KDE as desktop environment
and not install Gnome (or maybe both, and then just use KDE as the default
session). I also usually install a lot of non-KDE apps and Gnome apps.

So, why do I want the KDE spin instead ? Is there primary advantage ? (These
are genuine questions, not trying to be sarcastic :) ). Will I still get the
bulk of non-KDE app on the spin version ?

Thanks.
AC