KDE Spin or Full Distro ?

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Tue Jan 18 15:18:04 UTC 2011

On 1/18/2011 3:58 PM, Armelius Cameron wrote:
> Thanks Rex. In my case I don't care about live image (need to fully install)
> and download size is not a problem. So I guess I'll go with the DVD installer
> since I'll need the flexibility of creating my own partitioning scheme, etc.

You can create your own partitioning scheme using the KDE spin
CD just fine, however you can only use ext3 or ext4 for the main
partition since the live CD installer works by way of copying a
premade filesystem image to the hard drive and then resizing the
FS as necessary.

--
Best regards,
Eike Hein