Bluetooth under KDE?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Jan 19 12:40:50 UTC 2011

Is there a working Bluetooth setup under KDE-4.5?

I've downloaded all the relevant packages, as far as I can see,
but none of them seem to provide a file /etc/hcid.conf ,
which according to the (rather old) documentation I have seen
is a vital component of Linux Bluetooth.

There doesn't seem to be any documentation at all for kbluetooth,
and it is not clear to me (no bluetooth expert)
how it is meant to work, or what service it provides.

Any elucidation (or pointer to documentation) gratefully received.
--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net