Bluetooth under KDE?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Jan 19 21:57:16 UTC 2011

Jaroslav Reznik wrote:

> Rawhide/Fedora 15 contains new BlueDevil stack. It's actually much more
> better than kbluetooth - but some people reports kbluetooth works better
> for them.

Thanks for the info.
I've never heard of BlueDevil, but will give it a try.
I take it that it is an alternative to bluez?

What I find puzzling about bluez is that while I see
from <http://www.bluez.org/> that there are ongoing developments
(5 or 6 updates in December 2010 and January 2011)
there does not seem to be any documentation
explaining what changes have been made,
which appear to include removal of hcid.conf .

Two IRC channels are mentioned, #bluez and #bluez-users ,
but both seem to be deserted.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net