Bluetooth under KDE?

Armelius Cameron armeliusc at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 15:43:28 UTC 2011

On Thursday, January 20, 2011 09:47:16 pm Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Armelius Cameron wrote:
> >> Is there a working Bluetooth setup under KDE-4.5?
> >
> > Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I was able to transfer
> > files back and forth from my laptop to my rather old Nokia phone with
> > kbluetooth (it discovered and paired the device). And that fulfills my
> > needs at this point, so I'm rather happy with it :)
>
> That is exactly what I want to do.
> How exactly did you do it?
> (Assume you are talking to an idiot!)
>
> I could run kbluetooth, and paired my laptop and phone (Nokia 6303c),
> but I didn't know what to do beyond that point.

Hi Tim,

I am talking from memory here (laptop is at home ATM, I can check again
tonight)

Somewhere in Device Management (right click on kbluetooth), you should see
your phone's Mac address. I think I needed to hit "Trusted" or something like
that to make it work. You can also Name the device.

If you right click on the kbluetooth icon, and then Send File, and browse &
pick the file, after that it should start searching for device. I think  your
phone would show up, and then just pick that as the device to send to. Does
that not work for you ?

AC