kpackagekit does not show in systray

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Sat Jan 22 15:01:49 UTC 2011

Am Sonntag, 16. Januar 2011 schrieb Martin (KDE):
> Am Sonntag, 16. Januar 2011 schrieb Martin (KDE):

> Hm, a newly created user got this update icon in systray. This
> seems to be a user base setting.

The difference is that the newly created user is a local one (local
passwd). The other users which don't get kpackagekit icons
automatically are users stored in a global ldap directory. This is not
bound to one single computer. All my four computers have the same
problem (so all are on an up to date f14 system).

Martin