BlueDevil causes slow start KDE?

Martin Kho lists.kho at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 22:45:33 UTC 2011

On Sunday 30 January 2011 14:29:19 Martin Kho wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When BlueDevil is enabled in rawhide and I log in into KDE it takes more
> time for the second 'boot-icon' appears than when BlueDevil is disabled.
> Also when I log out it takes more time than normal. In .xsession-errors I
> see a  message that BluedDevil was crashed because of a fatal I/O-error.
> May be the slowness and crash have to do with the fact that I don't have
> any bluetooth adapters. I'm still using a medieval desktop pc :-)

Hi,

Disabling BlueDevil in System Settings was not enough, I had to
remove/uninstall bluez and (lib)bluedevil, because the Bluetooth daemon was
still started by amarok / cagibid. Huh, a music app that invokes Bluetooth?
The slowness was actually caused by NetworkManager that needed a minute or so
to time out on a non-existing Bluetooth adapter.

IMHO the dependency of amarok on Bluetooth is a design fault. Some other
thoughts?

Martin Kho