what font is used for plasma?

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 17:11:01 UTC 2011

Petrus de Calguarium wrote:

> Neal Becker wrote:
>
>> What controls the font setting of plasmas?
>>
>> After installing wine, and then quickly removing it, it seems fonts
> in
>> plasmas
>> are now too large.  (Tried removing ~/.fontconfig).
>
> I had been playing around with some font settings in the last 2 or 3
> weeks.
>
> I found that there is a lot of arcane stuff going on in
> /etc/fonts/conf.d. You might poke around in there and see it you need
> to add or remove a link to some fonts, like Rex said, possibly
> microsoft aliases for default fonts.
>
> For starters, see if one of the links was created on the day you
> installed wine. Perhaps, with luck, it will be as simple as that.
> Then, you could remove the link temporarily and restart your X
> session, to see what changes occur, if any.
>
> If the contents of the files themselves got changed, it will be much
> more difficult. It is arcane, as I said, and requires much patience,
> and can likely never be fully known ;-)

Well it's fixed now.  And I don't exactly know what fixed it.

I guess my original question, never answered, is, which of the settings in
systemsettings/application appearance/fonts controls the fonts shown in plasmas.
I tried changing each, but this did not change plasmas (probably have to restart
to see the change, which I didn't try).