Need to logout on Update

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 21 13:29:52 UTC 2011

On 2011/07/21 15:16 (GMT+0800) Ed Greshko composed:

> Jim Dean wrote:

>> A recent discussion on Fedora forums raised the need to logout and back
>> after a KDE version update. I've noticed that the system becomes
>> unstable, last time I got a plasma crash, and others reported similar things. Is this
>> common or just a few people?

> FWIW, I have not seen this problem.  Last update, I waited 2 days before a logout/login.

I find it difficult for anyone to expect updates to complex interdependent
running binaries to continue to function correctly while and after updates to
them are applied. I always turn off automatic desktop updaters and update
notifiers, usually exit X before applying updates, and when not, restart
immediately after application completes, if not reboot the system.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/