'Lost and Found' category in 'System Settings'?

Alexander Volovics a.volovic at upcmail.nl
Fri Jun 10 20:48:43 UTC 2011

I installed the 32 bit 'flash-plugin' rpm from the adobe repository
in Fed15/KDE x86_64 just like I always do under Fed/Gnome x86_64
(and have also done in Fed15/Gnome3) using yum.

The flash-plugin itself works OK but something did not quite go
right with the install.

You should get an Adobe Flash Player icon somewhere so that you
can start 'usr/bin/flash-player-properties' to configure the
use of the plugin.

I found the icon in 'System Settings' in a rather strange category
"Lost and Found". Clicking on the icon produces an error message:
   Could not find plugin 'Adobe Flash Player' for application
   'systemsettings' Library "kcm_adobe_flash_player" not found

'rpm -ql flash=plugin' shows '/usr/lib/kde4/kcm_adobe_flash_player.so'
installed!

What is happening here? An install gone wrong somewhere?

NB
I can start 'flash-player-properties' as a command in a terminal
and it seems to work (I did have to install an additional i686
library first that it complained was missing)

Alexander