Sound works with Gnome, not with KDE

Petrus de Calguarium pgueckel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 06:31:45 UTC 2011

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> if you don't know the
> secret recipe there's no way to find out short of reading a large amount
> of very obscure documentation, or asking on this list.

And then someone will come out to say that you have to move ~/.kde to a
backup location and relog in, when you know perfectly well that it has
absolutely nothing to do with your settings.

> The worst of it is that it may not even be the first time I've dealt
> with this problem,...

That's happened to me many, many times. I solved it by documenting just about
everything I do and have created a veritable fedora encyclopaedia of user
setup tips from years of learning, reading these lists, googling, and trial
and error.

> like the guy who says he's suffering from a
> combination of amnesia and déjà vu: I think I've forgotten about this
> before.

Brilliant image!