plasma-nm nm09 branch snapshots coming to kde-testing

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Jun 17 13:20:45 UTC 2011

What's the hubub in $SUBJECT mean?  speak english man!

Well, in particular, I'll be moving a new
kde-plasma-networkmanagement-0.9-0.53.20110616git.nm09.fc15
build into f15's kde-testing repo shortly.  As opposed to prior
plasma-nm builds in f15 that use some hacks/patches in nm-0.9 to be
backward compatible with nm-0.8 clients, these newer builds will use
nm-0.9 in native mode.

That's a lot of techno-gibberish, admittedly, but what it means is this
native nm-0.9 support is the future. Moving forward, we'd like to get a
native nm09 client into f15 as soon as possible, and that means we need
to test, test, test this sucker.

So, please go forth and do.  Thank you.

-- Rex