plasma-nm nm09 branch snapshots coming to kde-testing

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Jun 18 22:53:48 UTC 2011

Patrick Boutilier wrote:
> This brings me to another issue. I notice that it doesn't matter if the
> NetworkManager User Settings Service is running not for
> kde-plasma-networkmanagement to work. And nm-applet also works with it
> running where before it would complain that another program was already
> using NetworManager, Is this expected in 4.6.4 ?

That's expected with the new nm09 branch kde-plasma-networkmanagement which
uses the native NetworkManager 0.9 API. It is a feature of NetworkManager
0.9 that multiple applets can coexist and that all settings are stored
systemwide (with appropriate permissions/visibility, and with secrets stored
separately in secure per-user storage (e.g. KWallet) when desired).

        Kevin Kofler