plasma-nm nm09 branch snapshots coming to kde-testing

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Wed Jun 29 01:29:08 UTC 2011

On 06/28/2011 07:25 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Genes MailLists wrote:
>>  I notice lots of lovely new things on the applet - under 'Band' it
>> offers 2 choices:
>>
>>  'a' and 'b/g'.
>>

>>  Will this be confusing to those with N  - or those who think band is 20
>> or 40 Wide ?
>
> N supports both the a band and the b/g band, doesn't it? Printing the bands
> as frequencies won't necessarily be more helpful to the beginner.
>
>         Kevin Kofler

Hi Kevin - well kinda but not really ..

 Well N supports wide bands - which for sure b/g do not. Don't know
about a as it has been effectively largely deprecated - if you go to
configure an N/b/g Access Point - one chooses bands as either Narrow (20
Mhz for b/g) or wide (40) for N only. So the choices seem odd to me -
perhaps experts can opine ...

 It would be helpful if you could explain exactly what this choice does
to NM - what effect does it have on the connection?