KDE-SIG meeting report (09/2011)

Michal Hlavinka mhlavink at redhat.com
Wed Mar 2 08:02:31 UTC 2011

> KDE 4.6.1
> * rdieter reports that most of 4.6.1 is built for Fedora 15 (except kde-l10n
> now)

I'm always picking kde packages directly from koji, but kdebase-workspace requires
plasma-scriptengine-python which requires PyKDE4 >= 4.6.1 and kdebindings is not built yet

> * we should do Rawhide builds too after branching
> ** jreznik asked for it because of 4.6.1 included change needed for SystemD auth
> agent
> *** and thanks ltinkl for upstreaming it
> * F15 kde-redhat repos needs to be setup
>
> kdepim meeting
> * kdepim 4.6 rc release planned for mar 2, final apr 5 (approx same time as kde
> 4.6.2)
> * when kdepim-4.6rc is release, will import into rawhide, and do f14/f15 builds
> for kde-unstable too, and *test* *test* *test*

I'm not completely sure it's going to be such improvement, but any improvement will
be great, because on one machine I lost original mail data for several pop3 accounts,
so I can't go back to kdepim 4.4 So I'm definitelly going to test it (f15 build is needed)